What We believe:
The following are the core beliefs of First Baptist Church of Dilley based on the foundational truths taught in the bible. All of our teaching and ministry is rooted in and flows out of these biblical doctrines.
- We believe that God's Word (Old and New Testaments) is verbally inspired by God and contains no error in the original manuscript. We believe the Bible is the sole authority for life, conduct, and doctrine.
- We believe in God the Father who is the only true God- intelligent, spiritual, personal, and infinite. He is Creator, Redeemer, Preserver, and Ruler of the universe. His attributes are revealed through the Word and His Creation.
- We believe in Jesus Christ, the One and only begotten Son of God, conceived by the Holy Spirit and born to the virgin Mary. He lived a sinless, perfect life and died on the cross as the substitute for every one who would believe and trust in Him. He rose from the dead on the third day. Presently, He serves as High Priest before the Father, acting as advocate for every believer. He will physically return one day and receive all believers to Himself.
Romans 5:8; I John 2:1-2; 3:5
- We believe in the Holy Spirit who is the third person of the Trinity. He convicts the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment to come. He indwells every believer to convict of sin, guide into all truth, enable them to be what God has called them to be, and to encourage every believer that they are God’s. This process is identified as sanctification in Scripture.
Ephesians 5:15-25; I John 2:21-27
- We believe that man is created in the image of God, but since the fall of man, each person has a sinful nature. Each person has sinned and has thereby incurred the consequences which are physical death and spiritual death (separation from God).
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of all people: the everlasting conscious suffering of the lost in the lake of fire (spiritual death), and eternal conscious blessedness and fellowship of all believers in heaven.
- We believe that all believers comprise the “Church” of which this is a local representative. The church’s mission is to glorify God by the Christians who comprise that church living a life of obedience; a godly lifestyle, faithfulness, evangelism (local), and missions (world-wide). The church also has the mission of equipping the saints through its teaching ministry.